Intelligent, elegant design — on time and within budget
“Merel quickly understands our needs and goals, provides elegant and intelligent design solutions and delivers great products on time and on budget.” — Danica Remy, COO of B612 Foundation
Design for business success never happens in a vacuum. A good designer should have the skill to communicate and collaborate, to turn vision into result, to work with teams towards a common goal …and to finish projects within budget. I have honed these skills in my role as project manager on key design jobs throughout my career and from years of building consensus as a board member for a non-profit community school.
I studied at the California College of Arts in San Francisco and trained in my early years at two Bay Area-based boutique firms, working in all manner of design genres.
My clients will tell you I am an approachable, collaborative, skilled and, above all, experienced designer. Let’s work together.
- • Bay Area-based, with clients in Marin, the East Bay/Oakland, and San Francisco
- • Clients include small businesses, startups, non-profit organizations, and schools
- • Years of top-tier boutique firm experience, now working solo
- • Collaborative, communicative, process-driven
- • Skilled at managing for top-quality work within budget